Field Based Supervisor
Your primary role will be to support the growth of the business by working with both internal and external staff to maintain quality and enhance the skills of the mobile work force. We work on a variety of systems with various manufacturers to deliver the best solutions for the end user. Often our jobs are fully funded by a grant scheme, but these properties are no different to any other domestic houses and are not social housing properties. Project types can include a boiler replacement and controls upgrade or could be full heating, fuelled by an air source heat pump with solar PV/battery storage and potentially some insulation improvements. As a business we feel it is important to nurture our mobile operatives to build on their skills and push their ability with additional training to meet the business needs.
- Complete regular quality control audits
- Offer first line remote technical support
- Complete regular vehicle/van stock checks, and appraisals.
- Conduct inductions/ support new contractors/employed operatives.
- Follow the relevant building, gas and electrical regulations whilst following our health & safety policy.
- Review internal processes and offer improvement strategies.
- Report to senior management on overall external performance.
- Mentor and coach newly qualified operatives to help build the team around you
- Work with management to agree targets and labour requirements for future growth
- Current gas ACS qualifications
- Experience in a similar role
- A minimum 5 years proven experience post initial training/qualifications.
- Solid experience with S and Y plan wiring
- Patience and a willingness to help your colleagues.
- Polite and empathic manner when faced with customer interaction
- A want to further your knowledge and skillset.
- A positive approach to resolving customer issues
Experience in the installation or service/repair of heat pumps or other renewable measures would be an advantage but not mandatory as we have the connections and skills to build on this internally.
As a business we see growth as the way forwards and with growth comes opportunity. As well as a competitive salary, company vehicle, IT equipment to complete your job we offer,
- 25 days Holiday plus 8 Public Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Annual Anniversary Bonus up to 5%
If you are passionate about improving the UKs housing stock; in working towards net carbon zero, assisting fuel poor households and looking for a challenging role where you can make a difference, then this position is for you!